3 Veg Rice

17:30 Unknown 0 Comments

When I go shopping for vegetables or send my mum I have the tendency of over buying vegetables that I don't even need at that time and then get stumped with a fridge full of overloaded vegetables. It's almost like a whole supermarket being bought and refrigerated in my house eek! I can't help it, vegetables look so pretty; it's like girls and makeup and boys with their cars. I like my vegetables and I know the comparison given isn't the best but I am obsessed with vegetables I can't explain! Anywayssssss, in this case I had toooo many broccolis lying in the fridge and I had to use it up somehow, so I thought "ooohh let me make a limited veg rice" and I made this. I promise you it was sooo tasty; I took it to work 3 days in a row (and its mega healthy!)

Ingredients
     - 2 Cups of rice, washed and soaked
     - 1 Onion, finely sliced
     - 1 Yellow pepper, sliced and diced into thick chunks
     - Pack of mushrooms, cut into thick slices
     - 1 Pack of baby broccoli 
     - 
1 & 1/2tbsp of Worcester sauce 
     - Salt (to taste)
     - 3tsp Ginger garlic paste
     - 4 Cups of water
     - 2tbsp Sunflower oil


Method
     - Grab yourself a pot and add the sunflower oil and onions. On a fast heat cook till onions have gone soft.
     - Add your vegetables i.e. Pepper, mushrooms and broccoli and stir, keeping the heat on fast.
     - A
dd the water to the pot and thereafter the rice.
     - Add the salt, ginger garlic paste and Worcester sauce. Mix well. 
     - Let the rice boil well. (If more water is required then add a cup extra ensuring that the rice isn't getting too soft or over cooked) 
     - Once majority of the water has burnt off put onto a slow heat for 5-10 minutes.

     - You can then switch off and serve, quick and easy.

Bon appetit :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: