HFC (Humii Fried Chicken) & Sauce

17:10 Unknown 0 Comments

Everyone I know is obsessed with crispy chicken or chicken wings or KFC and it always makes me wonder; "What is so good about it? What can I create to get on that level and have people obsess over a chicken recipe like them?" And that is when I realised, I can make my very own 'Humii Fried Chicken'. Believe me, I'm not going to lie, the process of thinking about what would work and what I could use was difficult but once I thought of the appropriate ingredients it was just divine. The best thing about this recipe is that as well as eating the chicken fresh there and then, you can also freeze pack for another day! Perfect for all of you who will be celebrating ramadhan soon, a perfect iftaar starter meal! I hope you guys enjoy this just as much as my family and I enjoyed eating it!

Ingredients
For the chicken     
     - 2lb chicken breasts, cut in thick slices
     - 2 eggs, whisked
     - 4 cups of plain flour
     - 4 cups of crushed or grinded cornflakes
     - 1tsp salt
     - 1tsp red chilli powder
     - 1/2tsp lemon pepper 
     - 1/2tsp chicken spice
     - Sunflower oil

For the sauce
     - 4tbsp Honey
     - 2tsp Worcestershire sauce
     - 2tsp Dark Soy Sauce

Method
     - In a bowl of the crushed/grinded cornflakes add:
          - 1tsp Salt
          - 1tsp Red Chilli Powder
          - 1/2tsp Lemon
          - 1/2tsp Pepper
          - 1/2tsp Chicken Spice. Mix well.
     - Heat up the oil on the side in a deep pan to deep fry the chicken for later.
     - Now, with the chicken strips dip it in:
          - Firstly flour,
          - Then egg,
          - And finally the cornflakes mix.

(keep an eye on the oil to make sure it does not overheat)

    - Once all the chickens have gone through the dipping process, fry them till they are golden brown.

Now lets make a quick and easy sauce.
     - Grab a bowl and add:
     - 4tbsp Honey
     - 2tsp Worcestershire sauce
     - 2tsp Dark Soy sauce
     - Stir well and voila we are all done.

Dip in and enjoy my lovelies!


(P.s if you don't wish to deep fry the chicken you can pop into a oven at 180 degrees for 20/25 minutes or even air fry!) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: