Lets go Mediterranean!!! - Mediterranean chicken stir fry

21:46 Unknown 0 Comments

I went nuts with this recipe. Almost as nuts as when a girl buys a new pair of shoes or a new Anastasia Beverly Hills glow kit! Girls you'll understand. Honestly I was at a point where I was running out of ideas for something new to cook. Tesco's is the one supermarket that is close to where I live. My mum decided the only way of me getting any inspo is to go Tesco (of all the places in the world, Tesco) so we went. Trust me as funny as it sounds when she mentioned Tesco, it was actually one of the best things she said! I got to Tesco and there was just vegetables everywhere, like a whole load of new stock and ready made packs of mixed vegetables. The colours just stood out and the layout, it all just got to me and drove me food insane! I felt the urge to purchase the whole vegetable aisle and just cook something with everything in it! As I looked through all the wonderful veg, I came across a ready made tray labelled 'Mediterranean vegetable mix'. As soon as I saw it light bulbs turned on in my head and I just knew what I could do with this and what was even better, the tray was on offer, so I got myself 3 trays worth. The excitement was unreal and I couldn't wait to get home and whoop this meal up! I have to be honest, it does require a little more effort but believe me the end result just makes you want to cook this all over again. So guys get your light bulbs on in the kitchen and why not try making this Mediterranean chicken stir fry!

Ingredients:
     - 2 1/2 pound (in weight) chicken breasts
     - Red chilli powder
     - Garam masala
     - Gingergarlic paste
     - Salt
     - Corn Flour
     - Turmeric
     - Green Chillies (optional)
     - Egg
     - Lemon
     - Cornstarch
     - Soy sauce
     - Sweet chilli sauce
     - Honey
     - Olive Oil
   - 3 trays mediterranean roasting vegetables (purchasable from any local supermarket or if not available get some courgettes, red onions, red, green and yellow peppers and finely slice) 
     - Chicken Stock
     - Dried Parsley
     - Lemon zest and juice
     - Rice

Method:
     - Wash and cut the chicken breasts into strips and add:
     - 2tsp red chilli powder
     - 1tsp garam masala
     - 2tsp gingergarlic paste
     - 2tsp salt 
     - 2 1/2tbsp corn flour
     - 1tsp turmeric
     - 1tsp green chillies (optional)
     - 1 small egg 
     - Cut half a lemon and add the lemon juice
     - Mix and let this marinate for 1 hour and put in the fridge.

Now whilst the chicken marinates lets make a sauce. Grab yourself a bowl and add: 
     - 2tbsp cornstarch
     - 2tbsp luke warm water
     - 2tbsp soy sauce
     - 3tbsp sweet chilli sauce 
     - And 1tbsp honey
     - Mix well and that's the sauce done for later, quick and easy.

     - Once the chicken has marinated fry them till they're golden brown.
     - Get this 'wok' in people! Grab a wok and heat it up on fast heat. Once heated put it on slow and add olive oil.
     - Now add the fried chicken and sauce we made earlier to the wok.
   - Wash the 3 trays of Mediterranean roasting vegetables (or the vegetables cut if you couldn't purchase the ready made pack) and add this too.
     - Drizzle olive oil on top and squeeze the other half of the lemon into the wok.
    - Lets use everything we can of this lemon! Create a well in the middle of the wok and place the lemon at the bottom, cover it up so it is hidden with the chicken and veg and let it cook, this will really enhance the flavour.
     - Let the wok and lemon do its magic and in the meantime get a jug and add the chicken stock, add water and stir well. Add this to the wok.
     - Leave it on a slow heat and don't forget to cover the wok with a lid.
     - One final step, once majority of the water has boiled away and veg is cooked switch off the heat, add dried parsley and lemon zest on top and we are all done with the Mediterranean chicken stir fry.

Guys this can be served with egg noodle or boiled rice whichever you prefer, I chose boiled rice and let me show you how simple it is.

     - Re use the lemon from the wok and put it in a pan with 5 cups of water and 2tsp salt, let this boil. Once done add 3 cups of rice and let it all boil together. Once the rice is cooked serve with the chicken stir fry and voila we are all done and we have 'wok'ed it out! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: