Something fishy is going on - Its Chef Humiis prawn curry

21:05 Unknown 0 Comments

Prawns prawns prawns! I love love love prawns, its my number 1 fish to eat! Ever since I was little its all I would want. I was always so eager to learn how to make a proper desi prawn curry and I would always stand watching my mum make this, and if it wasn't my mum then my grandma and if not my grandma then my auntie! I just loved the smell and the masala cooking, it just made me so happy! I have to admit; I am prawn obsessed. The one thing that was always my worry with this is if it would ever turn out as good as my food sensei, LOL, and with a bit of determination it did. It took me a lot of courage to post this up but I hope you guys love it. Thank you mum, nani and my Aysha kala for helping me master this I hope I continue to do this recipe justice.
Feeds 7


 Ingredients:
     - 1 Whole pack of King Prawns washed and left to soak in cold water
     - 2 Large Onions
     - Sunflower Oil
     - 1 Blended Tomatoe Tin
     - Salt
     - Ginger Garlic Paste
     - Turmeric
     - Cumin Powder
     - Red Chilli Powder
     - Chilli Flakes
     - Coriander Powder
     - Tandoori Powder
     - Green Chillies
     - Fresh coriander leaves

Method:
     - Finely cut 2 large onions and cook in sunflower oil till it's soft and medium brown in colour.
     - Add 1 blended tomato tin into the pot and stir.
     - Let it cook for 15 minutes on slow heat with a lid on.
     - Masala time people, add:
                 - 2tsp Salt
                 - 1 1/2tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
                 - 1tsp Turmeric
                 - 2tsp Cumin Powder, red chilli powder and chilli flakes
                 - 3tsp Coriander Powder
                 - 1tsp Tandoori Powder
                 - 1 1/4tsp green chillies (add more if you want it more spicy).

     - Stir well and let it cook for another 15/20 minutes on slow heat with lid on.
    - Make sure to stir every 5 minutes or so, so the masala doesn't burn. If you want the curry to be soupy add 2 cups water and stir well and leave to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
     - Garnish with fresh green chillies.
This can be served with either rice or roti/chappati.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: